Referring YourselfIf you are ready to take the first step towards family mediation please complete our Self Referral form:
Property and Finance
Mediating financial and property settlements
When a relationship breaks down, there are usually financial issuesOur mediators specialise in helping separating couples deal with their finances and property. This includes helping you decide how to settle existing debts and bills with least delay so you don't run up additional costs. It involves the division of any savings and assets between you in a way that the two of you feel is most equitable. Like solicitors, family mediators work within the parameters of family law, to help you arrive at an agreement that can be made legally binding.
to sort out
to sort out
The mediator will help the two of you:
- look at your current situation
- identify all of your assets and liabilities
- discuss what needs dealing with immediately so that you avoid getting into further debt
- explore in detail the different options each of you put forward with regard to a settlement
- consider how the suggested proposals will work for each of you individually and, if applicable, how it will best ensure your children's futures
- arrive at an agreement that the two of you feel is fairest and is within the parameters of the law, so that your agreement on finances can be made legally binding
Dealing with your finances and property through family mediation keeps you both firmly in control of any proposals for settlement. Family mediation is the best choice for separating couples who want to reach an agreement at least cost and at a pace that fits for them.
Our ChargesPlease see our Charges page for full details.